Employer Info Event - Tech Internships and Programmes
This is an event for ALL employers to gain or improve awareness of the opportunities to engage with local education providers and take on students for industry internships and/or project placements. You may or may not have taken-on students in such roles in the past, but either way, we’d urge you to attend this event to get a great summary of what’s on offer locally during 2020.
We will have industry liaison staff from the University of Canterbury, Ara Institute of Canterbury, Lincoln University, Whitecliffe and Signal Graduate School. They will outline in a few minutes each:
- The courses and qualifications of relevance to tech employers.
- The profile of students on those courses.
- The internships and industry placements available.
- How, when and who to connect with to register your interest and initiate a dialogue.
- Callaghan Innovation will outline their various student grant schemes
- Summer of Tech will also summarise their programmes in the hope that we’ll get more local employers actively involved during 2020.
- We will offer a few hints and tips on how to maximise the chances of a successful industry placement experience for both employer and student.
Whatever your historical stance or experience of internships and project placements we hope you’ll see this event as a way to broaden/deepen your understanding of what’s on offer locally, and consider getting involved during 2020 and beyond.
Outline of the afternoon:
4pm - Registration opens
Networking, drinks and nibbles
4.30pm - Intro and overview
5.30pm - Networking, drinks and nibbles
6pm - Event close
This event is brought to you by Canterbury Tech, powered by Christchurch NZ.
Posted on behalf of NZHIT Member Canterbury Tech
No items found.