Building family resilience and wellbeing. How can we create a social service model to break inter-generational cycles of poverty?
This article has a particular focus on the role of government in building family resilience and wellbeing, and explores changes to improve social service provision to families at risk or in crisis – many of whom will also be clients of the health system.
In the report we identify five key areas of focus for government to improve access to social services for families at risk or in crisis:
1. A common theory of change across government that aligns to the Living Standards Framework
2. Simplify the navigation of services for families and staff
3. Creation of incentives for government collaboration
4. Investment in relationships with families
5. Investment in communities and community-led approaches
By Anne Molineux & Adithi Pandit