HL7® FHIR® and SNOMED CT® Implementation Workshop
Wednesday 19 June 2019, Novotel Auckland Airport
This year’s HL7NZ mid-year event will focus on practical concerns with regard to the adoption of the critical HL7® FHIR® and SNOMED CT® standards in the NZ Health & Disability Sector. Our particular focus will be on how we can increase both the rate and quality of implementations. The event will consist of two separate streams.
Stream A: HL7® FHIR® Connectathon
Leader: Dr David Hay (HL7NZ Chair Emeritus and Co-Chair FHIR Management Group)
This is a significant opportunity to participate in a joint collaboration between HL7NZ Members and HISO to develop National FHIR Profiles and Implementation Guides for New Zealand. The Connectathon will be a practical event, using tooling and logical models to build profiles and supporting artefacts, e.g. extensions, for key FHIR resources such as Patient,Practitioner, Medication, Condition, Allergy Intolerance and Immunization.
In addition, there will be test servers available exposing the FHIR interfaces to the National NHI and HPI registries that are currently underdevelopment for client developers.
Stream B: HL7 FHIR and SNOMED- CT Implementation in NZ
Leader Peter Jordan (HL7NZ Chair and Co-Chair SNOMED on FHIR Project)
This will consist of a number of presentations and interactive discussions on key implementation concerns…
• Introduction to FHIR – Stakeholder Viewpoints (Peter Jordan)
• Clinical Perspective on Benefits to Patients and Healthcare(Karen Blake)
• SNOMED NZ Edition & SNOMED CT Tooling (Alastair Kenworthy)
• FHIR Services, Testing & Tooling (Peter Jordan)
• Panel Discussion on Practical Concerns (e.g. versioning,relationships with other standards)
If you have suggestions about additional topics, or questions about the workshop content, please email HL7 chair Peter Jordan.
* HL7NZ/NZHIT/HiNZ Current Organisation Members (at June 30): $175
* HL7NZ/HiNZCurrent Individual Members (at June 30): $200
* Standard(non-Member): $250
* Students: $80