Today is Data Privacy Day
Do you know what to do if your business is affected by a #data breach? Data breaches are easier to avoid than to fix – find out what you can do to reduce your chances
Data breaches can happen to any business or organisation, large or small. The kind of information that’s released is usually:
- data that can identify particular individuals, known as personally identifiable information (PII)
- personal health information (PHI)
- trade secrets or intellectual property (IP)
- embarrassing information used to harm a brand or people.
Data breaches happen when information is:
- compromised or stolen
- released by accident
- accessed through bugs found in a computer system.
For businesses, this poses both a financial and reputational risk. It can mean that customers lose trust in the business, their brand, or see the business as being unethical. Regaining customer trust and implementing better security practices.
CLICK THIS LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION